Monday, November 12, 2012

Life as we know it....

will be taking a turn for the better.  With two surgeries down in the last month we should be surgery free for a long time!  This has become "life as we know it" for the last 2 1/2 years.  It just becomes part of what you do.  Lots of doctors appointments and lots of love and care. But, this is going to become of thing of the past for us and I am so happy!  My little ones have been given the care and attention they needed and I am so happy to see them healthy.  Between the two of them we have had 5 surgeries in the last 2 1/2 years and lets not forget the transition of bringing two special needs children home during that time.  Its been a crazy ride, but a good one.  Some days are harder than others, but I wouldn't change anything - the good, the bad or the ugly.  They are all components of what make us who we are.  Teaching moments from God to grow us into the people He wants us to be.  I have grown and changed in so many ways.  Thank you to all my children who help make me the mom I am today and to my husband who encourages me and loves me through it all.

We had a great weekend around here.  We started it off with a bang on Friday night with Chris Tomlin!  He was just amazing.  On Saturday night Fred and I had yet another date night and headed out to help celebrate a friends birthday.  Two date nights in a row - well that NEVER happens.  I did enjoy it however.  And we ended the weekend with a beautiful day out at the barn for Morgan's horse show.  We had a rough start but ended the day very well!!  I am so proud of her perseverance.  This girl is growing up right before my eyes and I want to stop time immediately!  I love the young lady that she is becoming.

 
Hoping to hear that our papers have made it to the court in Ethiopia this week!  Then the wait will being for getting our court date.  I can not wait to be able to show you all a picture of our little treasure that is waiting for us in Ethiopia....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment