Saturday, December 22, 2012

'Tis the Season

I haven't been out here in a while, so this post may be a little long.....
A few weeks ago Fred and I took a trip to New York for a little getaway.  The weather wasn't what we would have hoped for, but we got through it and had a wonderful time.  We had rain all day Friday and Sunday.  We went to see Elf on Friday night.  It was entertaining, but I was a little disappointed when they took out some of my favorite senses.  We were able to meet up with our first exchange student, Meishaung, while we were there.  She is going to college in NY right now.  It was really great to see her!  We hosted her in our home 8 years ago and have kept in touch with her ever since, seeing her periodically.

 
The Christmas tress are up (all 5 of them) and the house is decorated.  We will be having Fred's company Christmas party here tonight.  Hoping for some great pictures to share later.  I love Christmas time!
 


 
And last, but definitely NOT LEAST, we received our court date!  We will be leaving on Wednesday, January 9th for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  We will meet our son for the first time on Friday, January 11th and our court date is Monday January 14th.  I am hoping that we will pass court while we are there and I will be able to show you all our sweet little guy's face.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment