Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lily's first trip to Daufuskie!

We headed down to Daufuskie Island, SC on Monday with our dear friends Ashton and her 3 girls, Abigail (12), Chloe (10) and Sophie (5). The guys will join us on Thursday. They have been coming to Daufuskie with us for 11 years now. Lily did great on the trip. She didn't cry one time on our 4.5 hour car ride followed by a 1 hour boat ride and then a 10 minute ride in the van to our condo. I have to say this trip is bringing back many fond memories of when each one of my kids were little. This is our 12th year coming to Daufuskie and we have so many memories here. Another year with a little one again. Lily got up early this morning before all the other kids and so we went for our typical golf cart ride for the early risers so that the others can sleep. So Lily and I headed out at 7 am in our pjs on the golf cart for an early morning ride. It was so peaceful. I kept remembering all the times I had done this before with Morgan and Mason when they were her age. So, needless to say Lily is doing better and loves all the attention she gets from her brother and sister. She is still a little clingy at times, but I guess that is normal. She loves the sand, the ocean and running around on the beach. I am guessing we will have another one that loves to be here like we do. I will post pictures soon, because I know that is what everyone wants to see!!!

2 comments:

  1. one word: PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kelly you're killin' me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need visuals woman!!!!!


    love and miss you both-- life just isn't the smae without your southern twang!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEED MORE PHOTOS!!!

    :)
    I hope you are all well now and fully recovered!

    ReplyDelete