Friday, April 6, 2012

Where do I start?

I will backup a little here to the last time I updated and start with Lily. 
Lily had her orthodontist appointment last Thursday.  She has been scheduled to have her expander put in on the 16th.  This will pull her upper teeth apart so that eventually she can have her bone graft done.  She will also have a contraption that she will wear on her face at night in order to pull the upper jaw forward because of her under bit. 
Oaks of Righteousness had our first women's retreat last weekend.  I can not say enough about what an amazing experience it was.  God showed up in a BIG way and brought healing, joy, restoration, a deeper knowledge & revelation of who God is and amazing connections between these women.  I was humbled and honored to be apart of a weekend that I know in my heart was orchestrated entirely by Him.  We were merely His servants willing to show MORE of HIM and less of us and to take off our masks and be truly vulnerable and transparent.  We have a team of women who love Jesus will all there hearts and I am privileged to call them my friends and women who I am honored to do life with. Check us out at www.oaksofrighteousness.info.  Our next retreat will be in October.
Liam is home and doing well.  He was VERY sore when his Tylenol wore off yesterday and was in tears saying his bottom hurt.  He has had 3 bowel movements yesterday after we arrived home and his little tummy just gurgled.  Poor guy.  He is such a trooper though…the best patient I have ever witnessed.  He had to take Mira lax every hour from 9:00 am on Wednesday until midnight .  He started having bowel movements after the 3rd or 4th dose and didn’t stop going until 7:15 that night.  Yesterday morning when he woke he had one more and I will save you from the details of that one, but it was a little overwhelming.  I have to say what affected me the most was when they gave him is IV Wednesday morning.  He sat on my lap and did not move an inch, but the tears just flowed and he cried.  Oh man, I can handle it better when the try to fight it.  But not him…it hurt and he was scared, but he didn’t move.  He never complained about not eating and was his silly normal self all day and night.  I can’t say enough good stuff about him….just amazing.
We hope to know something by Monday.  The report could come back over the weekend and the surgeon will call us if it does.  We are hopeful that his test result in China was a false positive.  The surgeon said that this was a possibility depending on where the biopsy was taken by them. 





And of course some much desired snuggle time with mom!

A HUGE thanks for all of you who visited us at the hospital.  It made the time go by so much faster.  A a big thanks to Elizabeth for the wonder bag of snacks, water and magazines for my down time.
We head to the beach this Monday with my sister and all the kiddos!  This will be Liam's first beach experience.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment