Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy Gotcha Day Lily!

Lily,
Two years ago today we walked into the civil affairs office in the morning and saw your beautiful face for the first time.  You were so sweet and I can remember the day as though it were yesterday.  I remember what you smelled like, how you took everything in and never once cried.  It was truly an amazing day and one that I will never ever forget.  You have come such a long way in 2 years.  You have grown and changed by leaps and bounds.  You make me laugh every day with your witty personality.  I love you Lily bear more than you will ever be able to imagine and I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you. 
Mommy

Gotcha day was a little different for us this year.  I wasn't able to do the traditional things that I did last year and will continue to do, but it was a great day anyway.  We left for the beach this morning and so everything was rushed this morning and after a day in the car and then the ferry, by the time we got to our condo here there was much to do.  We had to get unpacked, dinner cooked and kids bathed and in bed.  I plan to spend some time while we are here and celebrate this day with her....to talk about what this day is all about and how special it is and how special she is.  This day is precious to us, a day that we longed for, a day that deserves special attention - a CELEBRATION!

1 comment: