Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 3 with Lily

First I would like to say thank you to all of you who have posted sweet words. I sit here in front of my computer across the world from you all and soak in each word. They provide comfort to me in a time when we are missing everyone at home. I just sat and cried as I read your comments.
Lily is napping now. She is a little fussy today and messing with her ears alot. We are going to have her checked out by the doctor in the hotel to see if she has an ear infection. She is otherwise extremely easy. She loves to walk/run around and wants to be doing that most of the time, so she will wear you out. Yesterday, just when I was wondering, oh my gosh what have I done....what were you thinking...a toddler again that you are going to have to watch every moment, plus I was extremely exhausted, Lily looks at me and says "mama" in the sweetest little voice. That made all those thoughts go away. Yes we are doing what we have been called to do and God will give us the strength to get through each day. The love that we have for her is no different than the love we have for our bio children. It was as if I birthed her myself.
Yesterday, we offically became Lily's parents. Wahoo!! Now, we wait until Friday for her passport and then we will fly to Guanzhou to finalize everything else. We will be there for 8 days and then we will come home. We have heard that there is much more to do there. One can get a little stir crazy in the hotel with a 1 year old in a city where there is not much going on besides a Walmart! Will post some pictures later once Fred downloads them.

5 comments:

  1. Lily is precious!! I'm continuing to pray for you all and for safe travels!! I am so enjoying your posts and I look forward every day to your updates. Praising God for what he is doing in all your lives!!! Pam Rimer

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you guys and miss you terribly! I can't tell you how many times the girls (especially Sophie) have watched the video. We can't wait to see more more pics and get to love on her too. You have our continued prayers. Stay safe...you will be home before you know it.

    Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check every day to see if you have posted updates. It fills my heart with joy to see your precious Lily and to hear your words. May God Bless all of you and bring you home safely, and quickly!
    Much Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your words.....brings tears to my eyes every time. I can only imagine the absolute joy and love you must be feeling each and every time you look at her, hold her and kiss on her. Miss you lots and continue to keep you all in my prayers. Prayers for continued safe travels.

    Hugs...Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyday when I get home from my office, I find myself checking this blog before everything else, it brings me alot of joy, and a few tears, too, how sweet it must have been to hear Lily call you mama...she is just the cutest!!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete