Monday, June 28, 2010

Gotcha Day!!

What an amazing day! I can hardly believe that we have our beautiful daughter in our possesion. We arrived at the office where we would receive Lily at 10:00 am. The first group of children to arrive were not from Lily's orphanage, but to watch that moment for some of the others in the group was priceless. The nannies that had cared for these children had to come in the door hand the children over and immediately leave. The nannies were crying and trying to come back in the building. It ripped my heart out to see the pain they felt to have to hand over the children that they have loved since they arrived in their care. We were all a wreck. Lily's orphanage was the third of 5 orphages to arrive. She came right to us and never cried. We seemed to bond immediatley. We love her so much. She is a sweet, beautiful, interactive little girl. All the wait was worth every second today! We went back to the hotel and grabbed some lunch. After lunch we went back to the room and i layed Lily in her crib, covered her up and she feel asleep withing 5 minutes. Was alsmost too easy! She has been asleep for about 2.5 hours now. Enjoy some videoes below.....

12 comments:

  1. literally brought me to tears seeing Lily with Kelly, what a sweet baby girl...I just can't wait to meet her!! Congratulations again!!
    Thinking of you with love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her kisses were so sweet! She is beautiful! Have a wonderful time bonding and learning all about her. God is so amazing! Sooooo happy for you all.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Congratulations Mom & Dad!" The videos are sooo precious!!! The kisses sent chills over me. She is adorable. I have kept all of you close in my heart and prayers and will continue to. Oh, I even dreamed I was with you last night in a hotel, left, got lost, dirty feminine items, and one blue Christmas Light.......Strange! Jill called this morning and when I answered I heard, "We have babies!" Nana of Nine....she need to use this as her new name. Much love to all of you!!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings and congratulations! I have tears of joy!! Sending my love XOXO! Jeanne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I'm so happy for ya'll! Enjoy holding your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the videos are incredible! What beautiful interactions of love. So precious and amazing. Thank you for sharing them. Sending love and prayers your way....CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Precious. Amazing. Congratulations!!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I don't know what else to say. Thankyou for sharing your first moments with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise Jesus!
    I am so happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing moments captured between you and your sweet girl. SO much joy and tears of happiness here for you guys. I can't wait to see you and your daughter soon. God is sooo amazing how brings His promises to pass:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WTG buddy. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so pretty! What a special day for all of you.
    I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete