Friday, October 29, 2010

Another sleepless night....

Well last night was probably worse than the night in the hospital. Lily was up every hour to two hours crying. She was able to get herself back to sleep most of the time but it kept me up worrying about her and whenever she cried I woke up. Her nap today was not much better. She woke up this morning at 6 am with a messy, bloody nose, which I had to clean out once during the night. She then went down for a nap at 11 and only slept for about 45 minutes. So much for me squeezing a nap in. She goes through phases during the day where she seems like herself, playing and acting "normal" to phases of wanting to be held all the time and fussy. No rhyme or reason to it usually. Her nose is not bleeding as much tonight and no more bleeding from the mouth. I am able to see her palate when she cries and it looks great. I called her surgeon to see if he would prescribe her something stronger to take at night other than Tylenol, but he would not. The nurse said that her sleeplessness could be a side effect from the anesthesia. Not the answer I wanted to hear. We will see how she does tonight. I am praying for a better night sleep.
The biggest thing for me was that we just got into a great routine with her sleep and now it is all messed up again. She was sleeping from 8 at night to 8-8:30 in the morning and taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and she seemed so happy all the time. It was wonderful. I am looking forward to those days again.
I know this will pass and I will have my happy girl back again. I get glimpses of her everyday, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment