Sunday, October 31, 2010

Update on Lily

Well, Friday night was just as bad as Thursday, if not even a little worse. She woke up every couple hours and then at 4:30 and wanted to be up (so she thought)but extremely fussy. I tried watching Barney (her favorite), holding her, walking with her, basically everything, I put her back in her bed and called for backup. I woke Fred up at 5:45 and told him it was his turn and I went to sleep. I was defiantly at my wits end. 3 days of no sleep and a fussy child makes for one tired, edgy, emotional mom.
We called our surgeon back yesterday and told him what was going on. She really was having a hard time sleeping all together, naps and bedtime. She was only taking at the max an hour nap and up all night long. He suggested giving her benedryl at night to help her sleep. So, that is what we did. It helped some....she went to bed at 8:30, woke up at 12:30 (was able to get her right back to sleep) then woke up at 4:30. When she woke up at 4:30 of course she thought it was time to get up, so it took until about 5 (crying of course) to get her back to sleep and then she woke back up at 6:45.
The bleeding from her nose has almost stopped. I can still see a little tinge of blood sometimes when her nose runs. Her palate is still looking great and she is eating and drinking well.
I thank God for directing the surgeons hands and enabling him to close the palate completely when he didn't think he could and for enabling her to heal well without complications! We are blessed.
Here are some pictures I took yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. :( (we-- jim's here next to me) are so sorry this has been a rough recovery-- i am so hoping she starts sleeping soon--

    and i LOVE your hair kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys. The hair had to go once again when I didn't have the time for it anymore. I cut it all off once before when Morgan was born about 12 years ago.

    ReplyDelete