Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What's Behind the Name?

I love to know the meanings of peoples names, especially my children. The name Miles came to me a long time ago when Fred and I were discussing adopting a little boy. From that point I knew this would be his name, but never shared it with anyone. The night Fred and I decided to move forward with the adoption, I shared the name I had and he loved it. So of course, I researched his name and it has several meanings depending on the origin. I LOVE IT.

MILES

Merciful
Origin: English

Destroyer
Origin: Greek

Gift from God
Origin: Hebrew

Servant
Origin: Irish

Solider
Origin: Latin

5 comments:

  1. so details!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are you in the process? so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name! And love the new look of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! We submitted our application last week and CCAI received it on Wednesday morning. They said to allow 5 business days to approve. I am hoping to hear something today or tomorrow. We will be cooresponding with their Ga. office so that will be a little different for me. Then the fun begins....dossier time! I don't know what Ethiopia requires for their dossiers yet, but I am anxious to find out. I have already contacted our homestudy agency, so I know what I need to do on that end as soon as I have to ok to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the meanings - oooh you know i love this kind of thing and I can already begin to see the spirit and fire in this one coupled with his gentleness!

    ReplyDelete