Monday, February 7, 2011

Chinese New Year

We started our celebration with a meal at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants, Asian Cafe, on Thursday evening. I wanted to wait until Lily was old enough to help me prepare dinner before we ventured on winging it at home. I can't wait until she is old enough to understand and participate in things that involve her culture. I say that in one breath and in another I want her to stay just the way she is, just the age she is. We waited so long for her and I don't want to rush her growing up at all. I enjoy her so much! On Sunday, we went to a Chinese New Year party with our local adoption group. We ate a meal together, did crafts, bounced in the bouncy house and danced with the dragon. It was a lot of fun. We are so blessed to have so many children adopted from China in our own "backyard". Here are some pictures of our celebration!




3 comments:

  1. love her hair!!! she looks so much older with her hair up like that!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It is growing like crazy. She looks older and acts older to me every day....I want to slow it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! I agree, really neat to have a group like that in your own backyard!

    ReplyDelete