Thursday, June 2, 2011

What's going on at the Waite house...

The kids last day of school was Friday, May 27. Summer is here for sure at our house. With temperatures at 98 degrees it feels more like August. We had a great Memorial Day weekend. Dawn and her family came over and we swam and cooked out. It was a nice relaxing/long weekend. Fred and Morgan left yesterday afternoon for their trip to London, Paris and Rome. I am going to miss them tremendously. My mom, Mason, Lily and I are off to our place on Daufuskie Island this morning for some fun in the sun.
As for the adoption stuff, we are still moving along.
Liam - We submitted our I-800A on Tuesday to the USCIS and I would expect it to take a month to process. After we get our approval, we can get our documents certified by the state and then send them off to a courier in DC to be authenticated. This should only take a couple weeks to process. Then we can finally submit all our docs to our agency (CCAI) for translation and processing to China so that we can receive our log in date. Once we receive our LID (log in date), I will give you more of a time frame to bringing Liam home.
Miles - We are still waiting on our immigration approval. I was, however, able to go ahead and submit our dossier (excluding the immigration approval) to our adoption agency, so they can begin working on that. That way when our I-171H comes in everything else should already be done on their end and they can just add it to our completed dossier. Once our dossier is submitted, we wait for a match. This can take 4-8 months.
So....that's where we are. I will post pics of the beach and Europe later. For now here are some new pictures of Liam. He looks so happy!


3 comments: