Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The GOOD and the BAD

This decribes my day yesterday....Let's start with the GOOD.

GOOD: Lily got her tubes,packing and sutures out yesterday!
BAD: She sneezed right after and they came out and had to be put back in. This is not a pleasant experience..

GOOD: Lily took a 4 hour nap!
BAD: She sneezed during her nap and was a mess when she woke up and I had
to redo her tubes...take them out and back in. This happened one
more time that afternoon and they flew out into her snack
bowl...gross!

GOOD: Mason had his Christmas concert at school last night
BAD: Lily sneezed as I was getting ready to get her out of the car and go
into the school for the concert. I shut my door and went around to
the other side of the car to clean her up and put her tubes back in
and locked her and my keys in the car! Ok, you guys, this was the
straw that broke the camels back. I had an emotional break down
right there in the parking lot. Lily was locked in the car with my
keys. Needless to say she was very upset and there was nothing I
could do but stand at her window and try to console her. Oh and
yes, my phone was in the car too. So, I had Morgan run into the
school and get my dad, who called my husband who was on his way. My
husband called 911 when he got there and told them the situation.
After he called, he went in the school, so one of us could see Mason
perform and my dad stayed with me.
GOOD: As we were both looking in the window at poor Lily trying
to console her (and he was trying to console me) and asked her to
try to reach the button to unlock the door. Then we hear CLICK,
CLICK. We were both shocked. I looked down in Lily's lap and she
had my keys! I don't remember putting them in her lap. My
brillant child unlocked the door. Can you believe it?!?!? God is
so good. My dad stayed outside and greeted the police and I went
in and enjoyed my son's concert. We didn't miss anything.

I don't want to ever relive that day. I am glad it is behind us and today is a NEW DAY!

2 comments:

  1. I know it isn't funny, but now it kind of is....wow girl! Hachoo! Hopefully that sneezing stops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly!
    Sorry about your day, but happy to hear Lily is doing so much better recovering now!
    I once did that also w/ the keys, didn't realize my son was sitting on them in the carseat and I had to break into my own house thru the kitchen garden window (back when I could fit!) and we laughed when we realized he was sitting on them and I did that for nothing. Scary though isn't it? I bet you laugh about it now? Hope Lily wasn't too scared to be in the car by herself? Please keep updating on her recovery, I imagine she is even more beautiful now. Our kiddos go thru so much. Channing just had her forehead glued back together after running into a wall, didn't even faze her.

    ReplyDelete