Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finally an Update!!

Sorry for the delay in posting. The plane ride here was good. Lily did really well. I will not bore you with the details and I will get right to what you have all been waiting for..
Monday was the day that we got Liam. We arrived at the registration office and he was already there waiting on us. Needless to say that was a little ackward...walking in and not expecting to see him there yet. He was with his foster home nannies and he had a really tough time leaving them. What made it even more difficult is they stayed in the room with us until we finally asked that they sit in a different room. Liam cried off and on for 2 hours while we waited to come back to the hotel. It was heartbreaking to hear him yelling for his "mama" at the top of his lungs. He eneded up having an explosion in his pants that ended up everywhere. I got him cleaned up and then he drank some juice and threw up almost immediatley....everywhere! Our little guy was so scared and so upset. On the way back to the hotel he fell asleep...ahhhhhh! Here are some pictures of our gotcha moments.




When Liam woke up he was better. He only cried a little and then got down and played with Lily. When we tried to leave the room all the heart break came back, so we decided to spend the rest of the day in the room and order room service for dinner. Lily fell asleep around 7:00 because of no nap and I eneded up laying Liam down around 8. He became upset when it was time for bed and wanted to leave the room. He kept going to the door crying and yelling for "mama". So, I layed him down, turned off the lights and he cried for about 15 minutes and then fell asleep. He woke up at 3:00 am this morning so we were ALL up! Yikes that makes for a long day. He is doing great today and we have had no tears. He is also refering to me as "mama" now. BIG progress. He is a sweetheart. Will post more later. We are off to do some shopping. By the way, I am missing my kids at home tremendously and I can't wait to get home and love on them. Love you Morgan and Mason! Thanks to my mom who makes this trip possible. You are the best.

6 comments:

  1. hi guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor guy! gotcha day is awesome for us-- but terrifying for them.:( so glad he's doing better now! love you all-- so good to see him with you!!!!!!!!!! say hi to yisha for me-- and tell heri'll see her this summer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious! Will pray for him to continue to transition well. I can only imagine how terrifying this has to be for a little one! and stressful on the parents as well. Enjoy your time in China!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I knew the story from talking to you but tears in hearing the fear he was feeling, broke my heart...but I know the end of this story - he is going to feel safe and loved like never before with you. I can't wait to continue to watch him open up in the days to ccme...keep the pictures coming. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so sweet!!! Gotcha Day is so hard, so so so hard. As parents we are so happy and so grateful to have him/her in our arms, but the children are so scared and confused. It brings me to tears just thinking about it for him and for all the children that have to make it throught these difficult days. BUT, God will see you all through this. Joy comes in the morning. :) Every day will get a little easier. Of course, you guys are experts... I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but I figure it might serve as a bit of encouragement. Enjoy the precioius time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor sweet baby. Praying for you all and On an unrelated note I LOVE your haircut!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart breaks and rejoices all at the same time. Oh sweet lovely darling boy. Congratulations and prayers of peace for you all.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete