Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome Home Liam

There is so much to catch up on! I will start with an overview of our week. The kids are getting back to a somewhat normal schedule. Liam is pretty much sleeping through the night. Sometimes he will wake once during the night, but I just have to pat him for a minute and he goes back to sleep. Lily is still waking once during the night and wanting to sleep with Fred and I. I think her waking and crying at the top of the stairs is what wakes Liam sometimes because he doesn't have a door on his room yet. There was one day when he wouldn't nap for me and climbed out of the crib twice, but other than that he has been taking his naps well. I have had to work out a new routine with Lily now that Liam is home, but it seems to be working well! We lay Lily down in her bed for her nap and turn on the TV while I go put Liam down for a nap. Then I go back to Lily's room and turn off her TV and lay with her for a minute...she falls right to sleep. We do this at night time too and it has work very well.
Everyone is adjusting well. Of course we have our moments when Lily needs mommy time, so I make sure I give that to her. And there are other times when my big girl, Morgan, needs mommy time too! Sometimes it is frustrating and hard to balance it all as one person, but I do my best and try to give them all what they need.
We spent most of the week at home. My mom and sister came over to visit on Monday and my mom came back on Tuesday to visit for a while. My friend Kim came over on Thursday to visit and brought us diner. Thanks Kim!! I did venture out a couple times to run errands with the little ones and all went well. The weather has been beautiful here with temperatures in the 60's so we have been able to get outside and play.






I had my accountablity group on Friday night. I have missed those ladies so much. It was great to get out of the house without the kids and have some girl time. We are planning out first women's retreat for March, so there was alot to do. You can check out our ministry at www.oaksofrighteousness.info. Liam did really well with Fred and had no "mommy" moments. Yeah! Mason had his basketball game on Saturday morning and then Lily went to my sister's house for a little girl time with her cousin Grace. You can check out pictures on my sister's blog....dawnandguyfisher.blogspot.com. I took Morgan and Liam out to the barn so Morgan could get some ride time in. It was a beautiful day and I was able to spend some time one on one with Liam. It was wonderful since we have not had any one on one time together since we met him. Getting to know this little boy has been so much fun. He is so happy and such an easy little boy to love. I am loving being his mommy and getting to know him more and more each day!



Sunday Liam was introduced to the church. Our sermon was on faithfulness and the life of Abraham, so it was a good tie in to our adpotion. I took the little ones into their class after the introduction. I stayed with them since this is all so new for our little guy. Lily still has a hard time staying by herself as well. The good thing is that they are in the same class together right now, so they will have each other for security. Sunday afternoon a couple friends threw us a "Welcome Home Liam" party. We had a house full of family and friends come by and meet our sweet boy. He did very well! It was a great time. Thanks Kim and Ashton for all your effort.





The bubbles my sister got him were a tons of fun. Liam LOVES bubbles!
This week we don't have too much going on. Lily has her follow up with her surgeon on Tuesday. Hoping for more beautiful weather, so we can get outside.

2 comments:

  1. I tear up just overwhelmed at the faithfullness of God and the blessing sweet Liam is to our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww miss you guys! I love the pics. Allie tried to make me buy Liams red tshirts for Wen today. So I just found our Fred created the yahoo group for us. I will upload pics soon. I'm glad all are adjusting well. If all our kids could get well, we would be great. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete