Saturday, January 14, 2012

We have arrived in Guangzhou!

Ok, I know I have really been bad about posting since we have been in China. But I do have 2 little ones this time and just not as much free time. Also, our internet connection has been really poor and would have taken me forever to post anything. So here is a recap of the last few days.....
First I will say that Liam is doing great! He has come such a long way in such little time. Our once terrified little boy is now feeling safe and loved in our arms. Well my arms more than Fred's right now but I will take it...lol. He is coming to think his dad is alright slowly but surely. We are all sleeping well and Liam is not crying nearly as much when it is bed time and hasn't run for the door in the past couple nights. Wahoo! That has been his toughest time.
We spent 5 nights in Zhenghou with alot of free time on our hands and not so much to do. The weather was cold and just nothing to do in that city with kids. I was sick one of the days and on the couch or bed all day long. Around dinner time Fred went and got me some more meds from our friends the Smith's who are traveling with us (Brian is a doctor and came well prepared) and I felt better within 30 minutes. Thanks Brian!! Unfortunately, his wife Melissa had it the next day when we were traveling to Guangzhou. We think our boys who were together in the foster home gave it to us. It was terrible and caused me to have a little meltdown!
We spent this morning at the clinc for Liam's checkup. All went well. Fred and Lily stayed back at the hotel and hung out until we got back. Then we headed to the McDonalds for lunch and then back for naps for all of us. After all we didn't arrive to our hotel til 11:00 last night and didn't get to bed until 12. We all needed a good nap! Tonight we had our group dinner at a local restaurant. It was really good. We are really happy to be in Guangzhou and on the final leg of our trip. The weather is in the 60's and our hotel is beautiful! Life is good. Oh, and my little boy who hated bath time loved his bath tonight. That is until Lily pooped in there....YUCK!! Here are a couple pictures from the past few days. I promise I will get some more (better) pictures soon!


2 comments:

  1. so cute!!!!!!!!!!! i still vividly remember our bus ride and plane ride from hell from ZZ with everyone!!!! what hotel is CCAI using now? you're almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a "stop by and check in" person from the HKI blog. I love reliving our experiences in China through families travelling there. I just had to tell you that Liam is a very handsome little guy.

    Enjoy your time in China as much as you can. I know it gets tiresome, but we look back very fondly on the experience now.

    ReplyDelete